A kiss is more intimate and sensual than actual sex. And if you are a good kisser then you definitely are a good performer as far as sex is concerned. And that is why kiss is often preferred to real sex. There are ten kissing facts that one should go through.
- According to reports, 90 percent of people kiss but truly speaking kissing is not the same for every individual. There are kissing customs and they do vary across the world. There are certain tribes in Africa who kiss the ground of their leaders. In Europe there are instances where a man kisses another man. In many parts of the world, there are people who offer kisses on both cheeks. There are people around the world where kissing is done by rubbing noses.
- In ancient Italy the punishment of kissing was the death penalty and therefore at that point in time there must be a lot of unhappy people.
- There are some parts of USA where kissing is still illegal.
- To kiss one needs to utilise one muscle termed as the orbicularis oris and the science of kissing is called philematology.
- Exercising is good for health and kissing is a form of exercise involving muscles. Therefore kissing for one minute actually burns many calories.
- Kissing the Blarney stone is often considered to be a symbol of good luck.
Where is the Blarney stone located? Actually the Blarney stone is located in Cork, Ireland. It is very difficult to kiss the Blarney stone. People even succumb to death while trying to do this. In order to kiss the stone one needs to sit with his or her back facing the stone while someone holds one’s feet. Then one leans backwards, hold on to the handrails that are placed specifically there for the purpose and lower one until one reaches the stone and kiss it.
- There is a world record for the longest kiss and that goes to Americans.
- While kissing it is observed in most cases that people tip their heads to the right. Some feel that this tendency actually originated in the womb before one is born. However there is yet another reason to explain such behaviour and that is to kiss properly.
- Often people have signed XOXO for their loved ones but what in reality is XOXO. Basically X in XOXO stands for kisses and the O stands for hugs. In ancient times people used to sign their names with an X as at that point in time much of the population was illiterate. Later they would kiss the document.
- Kissing is very good for health. Kissing increases one’s life expectancy. Though it is known that kissing causes Mononucleosis, spreading of cold sores and also the transmission of certain diseases yet a recent study that was conducted on population reveals that men live up to five years longer if they kiss their near and dear ones before going to work.